Despite closing out a second year of the COVID-19 pandemic, the R&D ecosystem continued to carry its momentum to modernize clinical trials and make them even more patient-friendly, accessible, and safe. Our 20 Member Companies worked diligently together to create solutions that can transform information flow in clinical development, how sponsors and sites interact with patients, and better manage regulations and data.
Our 2021 Annual Achievements Report is the most robust report to date, detailing the impact of our activity and documents the extensive list of new solutions that were developed across the 35 initiatives within TransCelerate and BioCelerate, our nonclinical subsidiary.
Some highlights include:
- Delivered 40 solutions to help sites, sponsors, patients, Health Authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Alongside Accenture, the Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC), and Microsoft, commenced the start of development on a reference implementation of a study definitions repository to help facilitate the exchange of structured study definitions across clinical systems using technical and data standards.
- The re-launch of the Diversity of Participants in Clinical Trials Initiative.
- The launch of the TransCelerate Awareness & Implementation Community.
- A new Impact page that illustrates TransCelerate’s positive impacts within the global R&D community.
- Published two press releases announcing new developments within TransCelerate’s and BioCelerate’s portfolios.
Additionally, the report illustrates the collaborative work that TransCelerate has engaged in, with Health Authorities like the FDA, EMA, and PMDA, or other organizations like CDISC, HL7, ACRO, and SCRS, to name a few.