Despite closing out a second year of the COVID-19 pandemic, the R&D ecosystem continued to carry its momentum to modernize clinical trials and make them even more patient-friendly, accessible, and safe. Our 20 Member Companies worked diligently together to create solutions that can transform information flow in clinical development, how sponsors and sites interact with patients, and better manage regulations and data.
Our 2021 Annual Achievements Report is the most robust report to date, detailing the impact of our activity and documents the extensive list of new solutions that were developed across the 35 initiatives within TransCelerate and BioCelerate, our nonclinical subsidiary.
Some highlights include:
- Delivered 40 solutions to help sites, sponsors, patients, Health Authorities, and other stakeholders.
- Alongside Accenture, the Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC), and Microsoft, commenced the start of development on a reference implementation of a study definitions repository to help facilitate the exchange of structured study definitions across clinical systems using technical and data standards.
- The re-launch of the Diversity of Participants in Clinical Trials Initiative.
- The launch of the TransCelerate Awareness & Implementation Community.
- A new Impact page that illustrates TransCelerate’s positive impacts within the global R&D community.
- Published two press releases announcing new developments within TransCelerate’s and BioCelerate’s portfolios.
Additionally, the report illustrates the collaborative work that TransCelerate has engaged in, with Health Authorities like the FDA, EMA, and PMDA, or other organizations like CDISC, HL7, ACRO, and SCRS, to name a few.
Related Blog Posts
2022 was a noteworthy year for TransCelerate BioPharma, marking the tenth anniversary of our organization. We started with 10 pioneering companies and just five carefully selected projects. Today we are comprised of 20 of the largest multinational biopharmaceutical companies that have demonstrated the ability to create sustainable change in the drug development ecosystem. Our 2022…
2022 marks the Tenth Anniversary of TransCelerate. 150 current and past members, contributors, and other industry stakeholders from around the world convened at the Franklin Institute in Philadelphia on October 6, 2022, to celebrate. At its founding, TransCelerate’s goal was to tackle five persistent issues in clinical trials: development of a shared user interface for…
This October, TransCelerate will mark its 10-year anniversary. As we reflect upon the past decade, we have asked several of our senior leaders and members of our Board of Directors to share their perspectives on the impact of TransCelerate’s work and collaboration as well as our successes and impact within the R&D ecosystem. To begin this series, TransCelerate…