The Patient Experience Initiative developed tools to provide more effective ways to engage with patients in the design and execution of clinical studies. These tools aim to improve engagement and partnership between biopharmaceutical companies and patients to create better experiences for clinical study participants.
Find out more below:
Navigate to the Two Patient Experience Toolkits
Click below on the toolkit you would like to know more about.
Design clinical studies with patient inputs
Patient Protocol Engagement Toolkit
A clinical study engagement toolkit composed of:
- Sponsor-facing operational user guide*
- Resource guide* with question bank
- Templates to enable study sponsors to engage with patients during clinical study design
*These solutions were updated in 2021 due to the shifting environment posed by COVID-19. New considerations for caregivers and best practices for engaging patients in a virtual environment have been added.
Gather patient feedback during clinical studies
Study Participant Feedback Questionnaire Toolkit
A clinical study participant feedback toolkit composed of:
- Background information for initial Sponsor discussions
- Implementation user guide
- Set of 3 Study Participant Feedback Questionnaires (beginning, during, and end of study)
The Clinical Study
See where P-PET and SPFQ should be used during a clinical study.