TransCelerate held its most widely attended Realization Summit to date! The event welcomed more than 500 attendees representing more than 25 countries and 19 Member Companies.
The two-day event offered all attendees, virtual and in-person, the opportunity to directly connect with initiative experts, senior industry representatives and colleagues across all levels of the research and development ecosystem.
Janet Woodcock, M.D., director of the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research for the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), delivered a keynote address which focused on the continued challenges facing the research and development of new therapies, and the promise the future holds. She cited TransCelerate’s efforts, and commitment to collaborating with the FDA, and Health Authorities around the world as a significant step in the right direction.
Kicking off each day of the Realization Summit, leaders from across TransCelerate Members candidly discussed and shared thoughts on a wide-range of topics, with the most meaningful exchanges spurred by questions about how industry-wide collaboration will continue to drive a brighter future for R&D. Panelists included:
Day 1 Panel (From Left to Right):
- Jennifer Burgess (Moderator), Executive Director Communications & Engagement, TransCelerate
- Dan Dietrich,VP, External Development Operations, Novartis | Oversight Committee Member, TransCelerate
- Laura Galuchie, Director, Global Clinical Trial Operations, Merck & Co. | Oversight Committee Member & Program Lead, TransCelerate
- Ulo Palm,SVP, Drug Development Operations, Allergan | Corporate Secretary & Oversight Committee Chair, TransCelerate
- Dalvir Gill, CEO, TransCelerate
Day 2 Panel (From Left to Right):
- Sarah Plush (Moderator), Director of Operations, TransCelerate
- Alessandra Santos, LATAM Liaison Lead, Sanofi | Brazil Country Lead, TransCelerate
- Andrea Rose-Legatt, Sr. Director, Program Management Leader, Johnson & Johnson | Program Lead, TransCelerate
- Andy Lee, SVP, Head of Global Clinical Trial Operations, Merck & Co. | Corporate Treasurer, TransCelerate
- Janice Chang, EVP, TransCelerate
- Reb Buckley, Clinical Innovation, Pfizer | Program Lead, TransCelerate
Participants spent their days rotating between track sessions which provided an opportunity to learn from initiative experts about solutions and value being realized, a discuss implementation best practices.
In addition, interactive learning tables offered a chance for in-depth one-on-one discussion with subject matter experts for 12 initiatives:
• eSource • Patient Technology • eLabels
• Clinical Research Awareness • Intelligent Automation • Comparator Network
• Digital Data Flow • Advancing Safety Analytics • Clinical Data Transparency
• Patient Experience • Interpretation of Pharmacovigilance Regulation • Value of Safety Information Data Sources